Our 2021 RVS Music Academy Program will revolve around 3 main ingredients:
(1) Giving every student coming up through the early years of the Junior School a basic introduction to the language of music that will set them up to explore and enjoy music more as they grow:
Term 2 - All students in Room 2 will receive weekly Class lessons teaching Rhythm based on Body and Bucket drumming; All students in Room 4 will receive weekly class lessons teaching Rhythm and Note Reading based around either the Recorder or the Ukulele.
Term 3 - Room 1 (as above for Room 2) and Room 3 (as above for Room 4).
Term 4 - All students in Transition Rooms will receive a minimum of 2 weeks introduction to Rhythm in song.
(2) Giving students from Year 4 - Year 10 the opportunity to develop their musical talent further in private or small group lessons:
Term 1 - Enrollment will open and individual/group lessons will be available for students from Year 4 through to Year 10* for the year. Lessons will be available in Ukulele, Guitar, Keyboard, Clarinet, Saxophone, Drums, and Singing.
*An exception to the Year 4 starting age for individual/group lessons will only be made for those few younger students who were learning with us in Nov 2020 who wish to carry on learning the same instrument in 2021.
(3) Giving students the opportunity to be part of musical groups with a focus on performance and outreach to the larger community:
- Junior School Choir (Years 1 - 6)
- Middle School Choir (Years 7 - 10)
- Orchestra (Years 4 - 10)
These musical groups will start from mid Term 1 onwards, once Music Tutors have got their individual/group lessons underway smoothly.
We understand some parents of Junior school students may be disappointed the age limit for enrolled music lessons has been raised but we ask you to consider the benefits being offered to all students as we change to keep pace with the growth of our school.
Your expression of interest in Music Lessons, Choirs, etc for 2021 can be made here by clicking on these links:
Junior School: forms.gle/unkXyTj6oMRVVpBD6
Middle School: forms.gle/sUSL5UpqGTzbBeYS8
Filling in these quick online forms helps us plan our 2021 lesson program. Thank you.