Today Constable Josh Reidie came in to talk to us about ways we can keep safe in our homes, school and community. It was really great to have him in the class. Josh Reidie is not only our Community Policeman, he is also a parent in our school. Josh is able to support us in many ways within a Christian Context.
This Social Science theme links with our overall arching theme of – How can we obey God? and Why do we need Laws and Rules?
We talked briefly about
- using devices safely and always with an adult nearby
- how to find a safe place to cross the road
- understanding what a ‘Bully’ is and what ‘Bullying’ means. We practiced role -playing how we might deal with a bully.
- how our Mums and Dads are our ‘Superheroes’ and how they can help us.
- how we can use 111 to contact the Fire, Ambulance and Police Services.
We learnt that there are many people who can help us and that it’s important to ask for help when we need it.
Josh will be coming back in a couple of weeks again to talk about ‘Rules’ and to do some more role-playing activities.
We CAN’T wait!