“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind.”
God loved the people of this world so much that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who has faith in Him will have eternal life and never really die.
Our Room 1 homework at the moment is focused on sounds and sight words. Your child will come home with the cards shown below.
Please help them practice their sounds and sight words every night. This link between learning at home and school is invaluable, as it helps them improve their reading and writing. We do not see the same results if they only learn about sounds and sight words at school.
Here is the link to the Jolly Phonics songs which we sing at school. It will help you practice the sound cards with your child at home. They show the action and picture that goes with each sound.
Starting in Week 3, your child will also bring home a school reading book. This also is to be read each night, noted in their yellow reading log, and then returned to school the next day.
The sound cards, sight words and reading books that are sent home are property of the school and need to be looked after and returned.
Thank you for investing in your child's learning at home by practicing these things.
Hello Room 1 Students!
I am so excited it's almost time for you to come back to school! I'm looking forward to seeing old faces and also meeting those of you who are new to school. We are going to have a great year together.
Notes for parents and children:
- No toys at school*. Unfortunately because of toys sometimes getting lost or broken at school, they are to be left at home. *In saying this, if it is a "free choice" news week (see below) and they want to bring in a toy to share about, they can bring it on their news day and talk about it, but it must stay in their bag for the rest of the day.
- "Accidents" at school. Our little friends in Room 1 often have "accidents" where they don't make it to the toilet in time. Please put a spare change of clothes (underwear, pants and t-shirt) in a plastic bag in your child's bag. Even if you child hasn't had this problem at preschool, please do this as the changes to routine and structure can sometimes catch them off-guard.
- PE days. Wednesday and Thursday are our official class PE days. Please send your child to school in PE uniform with running shoes. Because we are a junior class, we do a lot of exercise everyday, so where possible send your child to school in running shoes everyday.
- Photo of your child for the birthday wall. We have a birthday wall where a baby photo of each child in class will be displayed. As soon as possible please bring in a baby photo of your child that is around A6 size (a quarter of A4) or slightly smaller that I can laminate and put on the wall. There are some up already for you to get an idea on Monday when you drop your child off.
- News roster and topics. Below is the News (oral language) structure for the term and the days you will be speaking. For news, the children will be speaking to the class about the topics shown below. It helps for you to talk with your child about what they are going to say and if they need to bring any props to school. In weeks where we have a public holiday (such as Week 1) students may share on a different day.
Have a wonderful remainder of your holiday and I will see you on Monday!
Each student will receive a stationery pack on their first day, this will be charged to your school account. Ordering stationery as a school brings the cost down considerably for our families.
This weeks video is in 2 parts.
Christ gives me the strength to face anything.