- Help your child to tell the difference between good surprises and bad secrets.
- Tell them that a good surprise makes people happy and it is okay to keep this kind of secret.
- Tell them that a bad secret makes people feel sad or scared, and they need to tell an adult.
- Tell them that they can always tell you about a bad secret.
- Listen if they report tricks or bad secrets to you and do something to help.
Please help your child with the following activities
Give one of the situations below to your child. Get them to role-play telling you about this. Repeat with the other situations.
- Your friend has been playing with matches and has asked you not to tell.
- Your Dad told you that he has brought Mum a big bunch of flowers and they will be arriving today.
- Someone stopped you on the way home and asked you to help look for their lost puppy.