Tom Hatch and Sonia Cowie are the Proprietors of Richmond View School.
The Elim Church started in Blenheim in 1954 and met in various buildings before building its own premises, which included a primary school, at 26 Burleigh Road, Blenheim.
It was part of the original vision of the Church to have a School and on the 7th March 1981 the School was opened.
Richmond View School was a private school that received little financial funding from the Government. On the 20th of March 2001 the Ministry of Education established Richmond View School as an Integrated School, and on the 30th January 2019 Richmond View School was awarded full composite Y1-13 (Area School) status.
The Special Character of Richmond View School is determined by the Elim Church’s Statement of Faith made of Christian beliefs, values and lifestyles and is defined as follows:
Richmond View School is a Mission of the Church and we work together very closely to provide the children with a world-class education with a Christian worldview, equipping them for life.