The Spiritual, emotional and physical environments are all important in education. We are continually working to maintain an excellent environment here at RVS. This blog pertains to the physical environment.
In my last update, I promised more information on development happening around the property. Certainly an exciting time as we continue to prioritise works and see them completed. Many are involved in the projects being done and we thank our proprietors, Doug Clark, Glenroy and Kevin Dickens for their continued work. We have many projects on the go at the moment...
Project 1 - New automatic sliding doors.
- The Foyer now has an impressive set of auto sliding doors. You will remember the old set that were heavy and difficult to open.
- One of the main thoroughfares in our school now is the area in between the Library and B Block. We have a nice, wide, paved walkway planned for this area but will need to remove the big tree first. I am not a fan of tree removal but this is important for flow and future path integrity. We will plant many more in its stead. The large tree near the drop-off area will also be felled as it has become rotten and is a safety concern. Several large branches have broken off recently. This work will be done this coming Monday.
- More paths are planned around the school but only as money permits.
- The RVS CREW (https://www.rvs.school.nz/rvs-support-crew.html) have been faithfully raising funds to add to our current Jnr Playground. This is the year! With the wonderful help of Andy Johnson, we have a playground and an installation plan. The will also be embellishments to the current Jnr playground which is exciting news.
- As you will be aware, I moved back into my original office in A block to free up a space in the Library for our young Kea class starting soon. We wanted the Kea and Koru classes to be close to each other. We are working on a plan to bring the Jnr school together again but can not action this plan immediately.
- We are over half way raising money for this! Thank you to all who have helped with this cause. The court will be situated next to E block and will begin as soon as the money has been raised. The picture below is taken in the main foyer and the black squares coloured indicate current squares that have been purchased.
- At the north end of B block there will be a bottle filling station set up to look like a Marlborough/Waiharakeke mountain scene. The wall and surrounding area will be a Tapuae-O-Uenuku & Wairau scene pointing to our amazing, creative Heavenly Father. There will be seating there also.
Project 7 - F Block
- We are looking forward to engaging again with the amazing Glenroy Housing, builders of our high quality C & E blocks to build our next learning block. The plan is for building to start in September, ready for the first day of T1, 2022. The project involves adding the second planned wing to the north side of the Sci/Tech block. It will have two classes and a study area to house our Y11-13 students. The classrooms we have from Glenroy are as good as you will find. Their understanding of health and safety, their integrity and their product make them a pleasure to work with.
So please do keep praying, with thankfulness, as we read in Colossians 3 for His continued provision. There will be opportunities to be involved along the way and help out, for the benefit of our dear young people.
Thank you and God bless,