We are looking forward to being back on-site again on Thursday Morning. School is closed tomorrow (Wednesday) except for those already registered in our Level 3 Bubbles, they are still welcome to attend. Wednesday (tomorrow) will be the last day of this arrangement.
We are at Level 2 again beginning Thursday morning as a community and this means that as a school we will:
- coughing into elbow
- hand washing
- disinfect surfaces twice daily
- continue with sanitiser stations inside classrooms
- display Level 2 Guidelines around the school
- practice 1m distancing where possible
- hold no meetings over 50 people until we hear more from the Ministry of Education
- encourage you to keep students home who are sick (normal practice)
There will also be contact tracing app QR codes placed around the school. You must use them or sign in at the office if you enter the school grounds. This includes before and after school. Please refrain from entering the classrooms during Level 2 and practice social distancing during pick up and drop off in the car park.
I will continue to keep you updated with developments via this blog but for more information, please see here: covid19.govt.nz
1. On Thursday, we are open to everyone, and all children must attend.
At Alert Level 2 the disease is contained but there is still risk of community transmission. It is safe for children and staff to attend school as there will be appropriate measures in place, including for children and staff vulnerable to severe illness.
2. Learning will be onsite with distance learning offered in rare circumstances.
Distance learning should be provided for those required to self-isolate, only those individuals who health authorities have asked to stay away while waiting for a test result, or those choosing to remain at home because they are vulnerable to illness. Please inform the RVS office if this is the case.
3. Schools will only close for cleaning and contact tracing if there is a confirmed case who was infectious when at school.
Our Director of Education will work closely with us and health authorities should this occur.
4. Face coverings are not mandatory at school or on any school transport.
Face coverings are recommended for Middle and Senior school but are not compulsory. Face coverings are optional for junior school students.
5. Sick people must stay at home.
They should seek medical advice if they have COVID-like symptoms and get tested if advised to do so. If that person displays relevant symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, they must self-isolate.
8. You must use the contact tracing system in place.
This includes the QR code posters at RVS's entrance, or signing in at the office.
I will continue to keep you updated as more information comes in from the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education.
Look forward to seeing the school come alive again on Thursday.