I pray you are well in your homes and that even in these difficult times, you are enamoured by the God-given silver linings.
You will have heard the Prime Minister's address yesterday I imagine, outlining some of the detail behind Level 2. The possible Level 2 drop announcement will not be made until Monday afternoon. This makes my job difficult in being able to give you detail regarding how the future return to RVS will look and when this will happen.
A couple of details I can confirm are:
- Distance learning will continue through next week
- Continue with distance learning next week as you have under Level 3.
- Thursday 14th and Friday 15th will be planning and preparation days for teachers, they will not be available for online help. If you are one of the families attending in Level 3, please consider alternative care for these two days.
- The Prime Minister has made it clear that schools will not be open before Monday the 18th of May.
- This is yet to be confirmed, it could be later, but not earlier.
- You will receive more information on Tuesday or Wednesday next week regarding RVS opening again.
- Those who have health issues or who live with those who do will need to look at information on the covid19.govt.nz website and decide whether you child/ren will be back at school under Level 2
- We will survey the community to see who will be coming back under Level 2 early next week.
- We expect most students will return under Level 2 depending on directives from the government.
- We will continue to provide a form of online learning for those who feel the need to remain at home during Level 2.
Thank you RVS for your ongoing support and understanding as we navigate these times. God bless and you will hear from me again soon.
I will also update you next week on the uniform progress.