We are getting quite good at this now, oscillating between Covid-19 Levels. Please find below the things we need to remember at Level 2. It is very important that you scan the QR code of sign in manually before coming onsite.
We are also aware at RVS of the effect constant media coverage, phone alerts etc can have on our young people. Please get in touch with your child's teacher via email if this is the case.
Ngā mihi and God bless,
1. We are open to everyone, and all children must attend.
At Alert Level 2 the disease is contained but there is still risk of community transmission. It is safe for children and staff to attend school as there will be appropriate measures in place, including for children and staff vulnerable to severe illness.
2. Learning will be onsite with distance learning offered in some circumstances.
Distance learning should be provided for those required to self-isolate, only those individuals who health authorities have asked to stay away while waiting for a test result, or those choosing to remain at home because they are vulnerable to illness.
3. Schools are not classified as gatherings and a range of events and activities can go ahead.
For most day to day activities at schools, the rules for gatherings do not apply. Schools are exempted from physical distancing requirements when people are there to receive, provide, or support education services.
4. Schools will only close for cleaning and contact tracing if there is a confirmed case who was infectious when at school.
Your Director of Education will work closely with you and health authorities should this occur. Please contact your Ministry regional office if you hear of a confirmed case in your school community but haven’t been advised about it by health officials.
5. Face coverings are not required at school or on any school transport.
This includes charter buses hired by the school to transport students and staff. Anyone who chooses to wear a face covering in any setting should be supported to do so.
6. Sick people must stay at home.
They should seek medical advice if they have COVID-like symptoms and get tested if advised to do so. If that person displays relevant symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, they must self-isolate.
7. You must use the contact tracing system in place.
This includes the QR code posters at RVS's entrance, or signing in at the office.
8. Fundamental public health measures continue to apply at every alert level:
- Physical distancing (not touching and not breathing on each other at Alert Level 2)
- Hand hygiene
- Cough and sneeze etiquette
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces.