OUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED!
RVS HAS MINISTRY APPROVAL TO ESTABLISH A COLLEGE
We will begin roll-out with our first Year 9 class commencing next year.
1. What does this Change of Class mean for our school?
- Planning for new buildings to accommodate the Middle and Senior schools.
- Mapping out curriculum and assessment so that students will transition smoothly from Year 8 into the senior years.
- Planning staffing requirements as the school expands and recruiting key people to help us 'realise the vision' of Christian secondary education here in Marlborough.
2. What changes will be made to the school grounds?
- The sports fields will be redefined (shifted further West) to allow more room for Middle and Senior School buildings to be constructed towards the East side of the school.
- The current library building will be renovated and extended to accommodate our administration and offices, a staffroom and a classroom.
- New senior courts will be built towards the East side of the school.
3. Will I get to have a say in our direction moving forward?
4. What do I need to do in the mean time?
- wisdom for the Proprietor and the RVS Board of Trustees as they make decisions for the future of our school;
- faithfulness for those who are working on the project, that God would provide the energy and resources required for the task;
- new staff members who will be joining our teaching team.
5. Are you part of our school community? Do you have questions?
- The Proprietor is working on a new fee structure to support the expansion of the school facilities and they will notify the school community as soon as this has been finalised;
- Important information will be released via the school website and normal school communications. This will include details such as how the property will look and what the education structure will look like.
- The RVS Board parent representatives, in consultation with the school community, will establish uniform guidelines for each of Junior, Middle an Senior schools at RVS.